Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nail in my tire
I was getting my bike ready for this year and my back tire had no pressure in it. I thought that was weird, I filled it up and its held its pressure for now. Upon further inspection I found a tack in the centre of my back tire. Note: ( These tires are brand new, 1400km on them. Tubeless Tires) I have ordered a new tire, should I stick with getting the new tire or just plug it and save the money?
(03-09-2019, 07:02 PM)Winch_ Wrote: I have ordered a new tire, should I stick with getting the new tire or just plug it and save the money?

Your local dealer/mechanic can let you know if the tire is safe to be patched.  

I've had tires patched before as long as: 
- It's relatively in the center
- It's not used for performance (racing)
---------
Brose
(03-13-2019, 08:41 PM)Cableguy Wrote:
(03-09-2019, 07:02 PM)Winch_ Wrote: I have ordered a new tire, should I stick with getting the new tire or just plug it and save the money?

Your local dealer/mechanic can let you know if the tire is safe to be patched.  

I've had tires patched before as long as: 
- It's relatively in the center
- It's not used for performance (racing)

Exactly. They can be repaired properly, depending on where the hole is, and how big it is.
One thing is not to invest in an old hard tire to get a few more kilometres on it.
Spending $75 to get $50 of tire life is not a good use of your cash ;-)
BC Children's Hospital Foundation Balding for Dollars

Email Bernie: PRSMechanic(at)hotmail(dot)com