Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wondering if there might be weekly rides?
Anyone interested in meeting some spot in Surrey Monday or Tuesday nights 630 pm for weekly evening rides.Just a suggestion as those are my usual days off makes it essier to have some company for riding if it,s a weekly event?
Hello ! joymhazride

I am 2011 Nov PRS Grad;obtained 6; rode evening rush hour traffic end of last season.
Have been riding out to Iona Prov Park which borders YVR international airport has
a very nice long straight away and 3 easy curves! take 20 min break then out to Steveston
via Number 2 then another break, return to South Van residence. There are other routes
I take so as to get comfortable riding my bike. Know how hard it is to get motivated and
go and ride alone !

Usually drive for about 20 minutes take a break max 15min : go over in mind
the ride ; also before a ride I review the PRS " art of wasting time" to
refresh my memory and dial in the riding habits.

Have a 2009 Ducati 696. Enjoy riding at a relaxed pace.
Would join up with you if you like! Have not rode my
bike in Surrey as of yet; did a lot of group rides in Surrey
on PRS bike. Available to ride Monday, Tuesday ! Weekly too !!
Contact E: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:rollingwiduze@gmail.com">rollingwiduze@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.
My name is Jacob Thomas; preferr PRS Forume email contact which is faster !!
I live in South Vancouver close to SW Marine Drive,
access Surrey by Alex Fraser Bridge.
Hey Everybody,

I'm looking for peeps to ride with during the evening week days and weekends even if it's only to ride around town or hitting up Squamish and Harrison. I live in the East Vancouver area very close to Burnaby. It would be fun to ride with some other sport bikes but I'm not picky. Don't be afraid to shoot me an e-mail @ <!-- e --><a href="mailto:vincentakim@gmail.com">vincentakim@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.

Vince
Gixxer 600
Vince Wrote:Hey Everybody,

I'm looking for peeps to ride with during the evening week days and weekends even if it's only to ride around town or hitting up Squamish and Harrison...
Just so you guys know, Vince's OK.. he's not some creep.. he may be creepy, but not a creep. Big Grin
---------
Brose
Monday Squambucks/Gelato ride is happening every monday afternoon. Ride to Squamish starbucks and grab some gelato there too. Ride back.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php/141137-Monday-EVERY-WEEK-5-45PM-Weekly-Noob-friendly-Coffee-and-Gelato-round-trip-ride">http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showt ... -trip-ride</a><!-- m -->.
Guys, be careful of those rides, especially be weary of BCSB or 604 rides.
If you join the rides, ride at your OWN pace and don't feel the need to "keep up" with them.

Last week's run, they had a very serious crash on that ride.
---------
Brose
joymhazride Wrote:Anyone interested in meeting some spot in Surrey Monday or Tuesday nights 630 pm for weekly evening rides.Just a suggestion as those are my usual days off makes it essier to have some company for riding if it,s a weekly event?

I'm in Surrey. This is the group ride route I do. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://goo.gl/maps/sIo8N">http://goo.gl/maps/sIo8N</a><!-- m -->
I'm usually free every 2nd Monday (including today) :-)
2009 Ninja 250
Everything happens for a reason
Cableguy Wrote:Guys, be careful of those rides, especially be weary of BCSB or 604 rides.
If you join the rides, ride at your OWN pace and don't feel the need to "keep up" with them.

Most of the BCSB riders aren't the problem. They are quite aware of new riders and do take it slow (not all but quite a few). They always have sweeper that never goes faster then the slowest riders in the group. "Problem" riders are usually form other groups that join the ride, like .604 riders. Rider that went down was from that group. New rider, pushed way over his limit, target fixated and the rest was history.

Now if I could only get out there and ride on Mondays, instead of having 8pm work calls, it would be great Sad
cvrle1 Wrote:
Cableguy Wrote:Guys, be careful of those rides, especially be weary of BCSB or 604 rides.

Most of the BCSB riders aren't the problem. They are quite aware of new riders and do take it slow (not all but quite a few). They always have sweeper that never goes faster then the slowest riders in the group. "Problem" riders are usually form other groups that join the ride, like .604 riders. Rider that went down was from that group. New rider, pushed way over his limit, target fixated and the rest was history.

Now if I could only get out there and ride on Mondays, instead of having 8pm work calls, it would be great Sad

I'm apart of .604 and I ride with the group every Mondays (I was there when the crash happened).

There's always a fast group and a slow group. The fast guys are the ones that push their limits and if you get caught up with them you'll definitely make a mistake.

I'm still riding with the slow group so don't be afraid to say that you're new; there's a sweeper named Stephen and he's hella awesome and makes sure everyone is safe. That being said, you're more than welcome to join the Monday rides, just come find us and say hello! =)
Current Bike:
2004 Suzuki GS500F
Vince, I think I might have been in your theory course may 6 start ? Anyways I'm in burnaby lougheed mall area. Tue evenings I'm normally free for a ride if the sky's are clear.
Like they say... 2 heads are better than 1.

'10 Sv 650s
SVTRUCKER,

Sounds good! Shoot me an e-mail @ <!-- e --><a href="mailto:vincentakim@gmail.com">vincentakim@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> and I'll get back to yeah ASAP. Hopefully the weather turns around pretty soon here.

Cheers!
Monday nights are usually good for me. i live in BBY Lougheed area. please post here or email me if there's a ride . <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedunwong0@gmail.com">sunwong0@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->
Okay thanx everyone for the replies, lost my password again, sheesh lol rrrr, so I couldn,t reply till now, but i have a HD Sportster 883, so don,t care if you don,t have a cruiser, sport bikes etc all are ok with me. Would like to go riding tomorow on Sat the 6th also off on monday and tuesday. MY e-mail is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:joykenhaz@gmail.com">joykenhaz@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->.E-mail me please so we can set up a ride, thx.Also does anyone know how I can upload a pic it always says my pics are too big and don,t know how to change that as I,m old ha ha.

Joy
To Hmoney I thought i got an e-mail from you but now don,t see it uggh sometimes these web sites are hard to navigate at least for me. If you send an e-mail to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:joykenhaz@gmail.com">joykenhaz@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->. or send me your e-mail we can meet up for a ride. I went riding the other day with a few PRS riders Rick ,Kelvin, and one guy I can,t remember lol,and Roma, real nice people, was a good ride but sorry to hear that Roma had a lil fall on the way home, I do hope she,s ok. Would like to meet some other riders, preferably cruisers and over 40 ha ha, as I,m an old fogy in my 50,s. So if anyone is interested in riding shoot me an e-mail thx peeps.KEEP THE SHINY SIDE UP.

JOY