Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tips for Your First Ride of 2013
Hi Everyone,

With warm and sunny weather expected all long weekend, more and more people are getting back onto the roads with their motorcycles. Here are just a few tips I thought I'd pass along if you're preparing to get back out for this season.

1) If you're pulling your bike out of storage, make sure you take the time to have a complete look-over on your bike. Inspect your critical components (brakes, chain, throttle... etc) to ensure they are properly adjusted and/or lubricated. Also, check both tires completely to make sure they didn't encounter any punctures or damage over the winter. Resist the urge to roll it out, hop on and ride right away. Take the time to inspect it.

2) Make sure you take your first ride EASY. Remember, your riding skills aren't as sharp as they usually are after not riding for several months. So take it slow and easy and allow your riding skills to catch up to you.

3) Remember that car drivers are still used to not having motorcycles on the road, so be aware at all times of your surroundings. Remember your street skills that you've learned from PRS! I can't tell you how many times I almost was run into by drivers not aware of motorcycles on the road. Their eyes were wide like dinner plates. Be extra vigilant this early in the season.

4) WEAR YOUR GEAR!

Hope the helps everyone out. Feel free to add more below!

Here's to a safe and awesome 2013 riding season!
Nice post Wes! Moved to "Tips and Tricks".
---------
Brose
Thanks! Yeah, I tried to post in here but it wouldn't let me...