Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open Invitation: Vancouver to Squamish/Whistler
Meet: Vancouver BMW Ducati
Time: Tuesday and Wednesday nights (weather dependant) departing 6pm
PM me No Later Than 3pm on the day of, to let me know you want to ride. I still have to get home from work to get geared up and fight with traffic from UBC.
Destination: McDonalds in Squamish for the shorter rides / Boston Pizza in Whistler (preferable for Pasta Tuesdays) for the longer rides
Pace: Completely Highway Speeds

This open invitation is solely to help riders build their stamina for a long distance ride such as the Duffey Lake Loop which goes from Vancouver to Lillooet via BC99N, then back to Vancouver via BC1E and Trans Canada Highway. (This ride can also be done in the opposite direction, as recommended by another member.)
http://goo.gl/maps/YkiL

I'll be riding the blue-and-silver Suzuki GS500, and wearing the red and black leather outfit that says "Bonecracker" on the back. Wink

Note - I may be free other evenings during the week, but PM me as I may have already made other commitments.

Please show up
No Later Than 10 minutes to 6 to determine if we will do a short ride to Squamish versus a long ride to Whistler as I will start riding promptly at 6. --> If you take into consideration that a ride to Whistler can take up to 2 hours, and factor in at least an hour for dinner at Boston Pizza, we won't be getting back into Vancouver before 11pm.
How about a weekend run?
I'm in but if we go tommorow, it will have to be up to Squamish only for me as I'm on call this week and cant get to far
Wrench Wrote:How about a weekend run?

I may be up for a weekend run. Were you looking for a short ride to Squamish or a long ride to Whistler? Do you have a preference for Saturday or Sunday? And at what time?

adrian Wrote:I'm in but if we go tomorrow, it will have to be up to Squamish only for me as I'm on call this week and cant get too far

I'm okay for short rides to Squamish on Wednesdays. I would just prefer riding to the Boston Pizza in Whistler to build up my appetite for Pasta Tuesday; however, as there is also a BP at the Garibaldi Highlands in the Northern part of Squamish, we can build up to a Whistler run.
Well i'm down for going as far as squamish then getting lunch and seeing how we feel, if we agree on going further cool, if not, also cool. saturday or sunday just let me know and ill make it work
Wrench Wrote:Well i'm down for going as far as squamish then getting lunch and seeing how we feel, if we agree on going further cool, if not, also cool. saturday or sunday just let me know and ill make it work

I have Friday off, so I'm hoping to race down to Mount Vernon and pick up a water-cooling vest at Skagit Powersports for future rides this summer.

Let's tentatively look at getting up to Whistler on Sunday
(to confirm refuel points and restaurants for my Duffey Lake Loop ride); in case I do a whole bunch more riding than I originally planned on Friday, and need Saturday to recover. (It won't be the first time I've exhausted myself from an extended day of riding.) :lol:
Ok so sunday evening...Where would you wanna meet up?
What time on Sunday evening? What part of town do you guys live? I'm in the coquitlam/burnaby area (lougheed mall).
delta
how about 4-5
Pm me your number. Maybe we can hook up this weekend.
OK, is this happening still? Can we get a set time and place to meet? Maybe make a list of who is coming.

1.Wrench (maybe bringing 2 ppl)
I am in! It takes about 2 hours for a one way trip to whistler. So in total this will be 5 hours? with a brake and all? We should head out in the afternoon like 1 to get back and have a bit of time to get ready for work on Monday...

Bonecracker, what do you say?
Let's go riding!!!

So, take off from Vancouver BMW Ducati at 1pm, jump onto Hwy 1 via 1st Avenue, and ride up to Whistler via BC-99.

Any recommendations of where to grab a bite to eat while there?
Uh oh... I hear the rumblings of thunder and the Weather Channel is calling for isolated thunderstorms. Confusedhock: Sorry, no riding today for me.

But Tuesday's forecast calls for Partly Cloudy; Wednesday calls for Mostly Cloudy; and, next weekend calls for sun.
So its off? What if it clears up...?
If the rest of you would like to continue with a ride, I hope it is a safe and enjoyable one.
Im out for today, looks like its gona rain all day
There a ride happening this tues or Wednesday ?
TouchOfRed Wrote:There a ride happening this tues or Wednesday ?

The weather looks like it's going to be favourable (but, hot) on Tuesday; and sun with some possible rain on Wednesday (weather predictions aren't always accurate), so either or both days can be enjoyed with riding.

Just send me a Private Message
No Later Than 3pm on either day (or post a bulic message on this thread) if you'd like some company. I'll check for messages before I head home from work so that I will know to gear up and fight traffic from the UBC area to meet riders at the Vancouver BMW Ducati.

Then it will be a matter of heading up Renfrew to 1st Avenue and jumping onto Hwy 1 until we can branch off to BC-99 and ride up to Squamish or Whistler.
8-)