Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First time buying used Motorcycle
emifee Wrote:Do most sellers expect $20 bills non-sequential or more realistically, bank draft... certified cheques or would they prefer to come to a bank with you and wire it over directly?

Also, then do you sign some paper to transfer the insurance over or would I have to buy the insurance first? I've never purchased a vehicle from another person before so I'm hazy about the procedure and I don't want to show up empty handed and unprepared!
Monetary option is to the discretion the seller. Most prefer cash, others don't mind a certified cheque. I've purchased before using a personal cheque, showed my ID, but it's easier when my profile is plastered on the PRS site. :lol:

They have to fill out their portion of the transfer papers, and sign the transfer document. You also need their copy (or a copy) of ownership (stub portion of their ICBC insurance papers). Makes it easier for the ICBC agent to pull up the VIN/vehicle. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong?) That's what I usually get from the sellers.
---------
Brose

Messages In This Thread