Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any new riders need some company?
Leathers = bad for cold. Leathers unfortunately retain the cold on the surface. Have to get some nice cold weather textiles, my friend (Naujik) just bought this wicked (bright neon yellow Scorpion 3/4 length textile waterproof) jacket that has a collar protection. Nothing gets through, and he's sweating in it. Another option is heated clothing.
Lined gloves is a must.
Boots are hard.. non-vented, wear winter socks. If you can get lined, even better, or if you want to go nuts, heated socks, gloves (or grips), jacket....

WildPyro Wrote:return trip home was -15 or so with wind chill... even with 3 long sleeve shirts (one thermal), thermal long johns, thermal socks, and leather jacket/pants.... i was freezing to death on the return trip... I thought I came prepared with all the extra clothes, but not nearly enough. My hands froze right up, had to keep stopping... lady at the cashier till at one gas station felt so bad she paid for my coffee personally...
... won't do that trip twice without different gloves.... not sure what to do about the boot situation, non-vented smx5 shoulda done the trick I woulda thought... couldnt fit more sock/leather in them if I tried...
---------
Brose

Messages In This Thread