Beginner to Intermediate. From Squamish ~6 hours return, including lunch stop. ~60km pavement, ~120km packed gravel, 4-5 shallow x-road creeks to ride through, a few rocky sections where the road has recently been repaired. Riders should be prepared for dusty conditions and be comfortable standing on the pegs for long sections of the gravel ride.
08:00 at Starbucks - Caulfield Village Shopping Centre in West Vancouver. Westbound on the Upper Levels Highway take Exit No. 4 for Woodgreen Drive, turn left (south) onto Headland Drive. Caulfield Village is on the right after crossing over the highway.
08:30 for the Chevron in Squamish, Corner of HWY-99 and Garibaldi Way. Gas up, air down, gear adjustment, bathroom break.
Depart Squamish Chevron:
09:30 - we’ll head up the Squamish Valley Road, continue onto the Squamish River FSR, then take the 2nd bridge across the Squamish River and head up the Elaho FSR. The first 30km of the route is paved. the next 60km is gravel.
We’ll stop ~12:30 at a bridge overlooking Clendinning Provincial park for lunch. After lunch well head back to Squamish, arriving back at the Chevron ~4pm to gas up before heading for home.
What to Bring
- Lunch and water. There's a Safeway beside Starbucks in Caulfield if you forgot to pack a lunch.
- Fuel for 200km
- There are no facilities available after Squamish; washrooms are free in the bush
- Tools - riders should be able to repair a flat. We'll have some limited tools but you need to be self-sufficient to some degree
- SPOT Locator - If you have one, bring it.
- Riding gear - same as for the Enduro course.
- Watch out for the cross ditches - don’t be caught sitting down!
Basic Group riding etiquette
- For safety and to keep the group together, we’ll stop at intersections (or waypoints) to re-group before continuing.
- Check behind you from time to time to confirm the rider following you is still there. Slow down or stop and wait until you see them before continuing.